When strategies are developed to structure a survey sampling plan, there are multiple sampling methods available for considerations that include both probability and non-probability sampling. In the proceeding part, know more about the survey sampling statistics and methods.
Probability Survey Sampling Methods:
- Simple Random Sampling – In this, a random selection procedure is followed to ensure each member or object has the same chance of getting selected into the sample.
- Systematic Sampling – In this sample frame, a random starting point is chosen and a constant skip interval is marked for the selection of respondents for the sampling process. This method is more proficient than the aforementioned sampling method and the formula of skip interval is population size/sample size.
- Cluster Sampling – The population is divided into small clusters and mostly all those are similar to each other. Afterwards, different sampling methods are applied on them and survey sampling statistics are collected. Area sampling is an important form of cluster sampling.
- Stratified Sampling – This method is best for the place where you do not get a normal population distribution. Here the strata are identified that include the gender, income, etc. and perform the survey on each stratum. Lastly, weights are applied for estimating the population’s findings.
Non-Probability Survey Sampling Methods:
- Convenience Sampling Method – This plan is involved when reaching people is easy and convenient (e.g. mall). The issue arises if the total population selected does not visit the chosen area, as they won't be able to be a part of the survey.
- Judgment Sampling Method – In this researchers, judges and decides who are to be included in the sample due to his/her knowledge about the population. This process is highly subjective, so the probability of error is high. This method is likely to recruit focused group.
- Referral Sampling Method – Also called “Snowball sampling” is often proposed when the targeted population is small to frame. The detriments of this method, a part of the population who are unfamiliar or disliked or have different opinions are not included in the sample.
- Quota Sampling Method – In this method, a designated number of people is framed with certain specific characteristics.
All these sampling methods are preferred and followed by the Statistical consultant in USA for a strong statistics from the surveys performed by the researchers or for the researchers. So, get connected to the best consultants of USA and get better direction for your business growth.